XC – Tile Terraforming Mod adds the ability to increase planet size (add tiles) after researching terraforming. You can now fill your space with full 25 size planets! This is done using a building that automatically increases planet size over time.
Steam Workshop ID: 705772428 Credit: Xionanx
My reasoning for this mod is that once you have the ability to fully terraform a planet, adding a little “Bulk” to a planet shouldn’t be that big of a deal. I have tried to keep the cost in line with the cost of terraforming as much as possible, using the following calculations:
The “Tile Terraformer” building will now automatically increase a planets size. The formula it uses to calculate how long it takes to add a tile is (Current Planet Size x 27 Days).
For Example the Size 16 Starting planet will take:
- 1 Year to build the building, granting 1 tile upon buliding completion
- +432 Days until the next tile (16 x 27)
- +459 Days until the next tile (17 x 27) so on and so forth until
- 648 Days to build the last tile, at which point the Building will “time out” and remove itself from the planet.
Maintenance costs for the building:
- 10 Energy/mo
- 20 Minerals/mo
- 1 Terraforming Gas
- 1 Terraforming Liquid
This works out to roughly
432 Minerals and 216 Energy for the LAST TILE added to a planet, which is about 44% more expensive then my previous version that used a flat cost for all tiles.
This may seem low and unbalanced, but when you calculate that building a colony ship takes 1 year, and costs 350 minerals, and can net you 8 to 25 tiles on a “new” planet; the cost of adding ONE tile to a planet starts to seem a little more balanced.
How this change will impact your game:
- Once you have unlocked Terraforming, you can start to “Build Tall” your already existing planets, givnig you more strategic optoins.
- AI will take advantage of this, expect any AI that has this tech to start building better planets.
- An overall more “Strategic” feel to expansion. No longer are you forced to colonize every planet you come across, now you can expand within your borders.
Compatability: This mod should be compatible with everything as no core files were changed.