WARMONGER overhauls warfare in Stellaris; affecting ground combat, War Demands, vassal relations, and planetary bombardment.
Steam Workshop ID: 717618535 – Credit: docflamingo
8 new army types have been added to the game, each requiring a technology unlock:
- Powered Assault Armies: Powered assault armies have advanced combat training and are equipped with specialized combat exoskeletons.
- Powered Defense Armies: Powered defense armies have advanced combat training and are equipped with specialized combat exoskeletons, but cannot be transported from the planet.
- Heavy Assault Armies: Heavy assault armies are elite powered infantry with the best training and gear available. Inflict morale damage in combat.
- Heavy Defense armies: Heavy defense armies are elite powered infantry with the best training and gear available, but cannot be transported from the planet. Inflict morale damage in combat.
- Crawler Armored Corps: Wheeled and tracked armored fighting vehicles have been a mainstay of warfare since long before our species took to the stars and can overrun most infantry opposition. Inflict morale damage in combat.
- Hover Armored Corps: Gravity effect armored fighting vehicles are faster and more versatile than their more primitive counterparts and can easily overrun most infantry opposition. Inflict morale damage in combat.
- Walker Armored Corps: Walking armored fighting vehicles are the titans of the battlefield; massive in size, overwhelming in firepower, and able to negotiate a wide variety of terrains. They can easily overrun infantry opposition and inflict morale damage in combat.
- SMAC CATS: Small Manned Atmospheric Craft-Close Assault Tactic Squadrons. These are dedicated atmospheric fighter craft designed for close support of ground units during an invasion. Inflict morale damage in combat.
- War Demand costs have been dramatically lowered so that you can fight more brutal wars for higher stakes.
- Vassalization and domination of your neighbors remains an option well into the late game.
- This will also speed up the game as decisive victories can be won in a single confrontation instead of requiring a series of protracted wars with a given empire to wear it down.
- Planetary Bombardment now inflicts considerably more damage on the target world.
- Your subjects no longer hate you for being powerful.
- Leaving Federations and alliances don’t incur such extreme penalties.
- Penalty for breaking away from an overlord is much more severe.
COLLECTION: This mod, and others I made to work with it, can be downloaded together in my “Overlord” collection:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712692484
- Ability to nuke planets from orbit (it’s the only way to be sure) and turn them into Tomb Worlds.
- Ability to force protectorates and tributaries into becoming vassals at the risk of inciting a rebellion.
- Biological warfare attacks.
- Ability to create and support disloyal factions in enemy empires.