Steam Workshop ID: 715772239 Credit: ositodefelpa
Milky Way Unleashed Mod is a static galaxy variation on the theme started in Sol Unleashed, which is intended for people who like to play as humans starting from the Sol system, and want to see lots of familiar star systems surrounding Sol. You can start at Sol, or Deneb, or at a random star system, and can play as humans or as an alien race.
This is still an early version of these maps, which I intend to update and improve over time. However, they are quite playable at the moment, I think.
- An enhanced Sol system, with additional moons and revised planetary distances and planet/moon sizes.
- Real stars, with correct names, correct position relative to Sol (within the contraints of the 2-D interface), correct star class, approximately correct relative star size.
- Option to start at Sol, Deneb or a random system.
- Two galaxy options: play in a local cluster of stars within about 1500 light years of Sol, or play in a 100,000 light year Milky Way galaxy.
- Detailed design of systems nearer to Sol, including binary and trinary systems (thanks to Lex Peregrine for the ideas and designs for many of these systems).