Improved Space Battles (ISB) attempts to improve both the visuals and gameplay of ingame Stellaris’s space battles. This is the standalone graphics portion of ISB and contains mostly cosmetic changes to the game’s weapons. It is intended for use with Improved Space Battles [Balance] which will modify the weapons/ships/gameplay to provide more options when creating and designing fleets.
This mod does not change game balance and should be compatible with other balancing mods. It should also not affect your FPS much, if at all. Battles look better at fast or normal speed.
Steam Workshop ID: 692028161 | Credit: Ankain
- Removed friendly aura icons around ships.
- Reduced size and opacity of enemy aura icons around ships.
- Increased the scale of solar systems for a larger space battle area.
- Increased ship height randomness to make fleets look less 2D.
- Silenced the buggy looping sounds from Prethoryn and Extradimensional Invaders.
- Lasers : Now act more as a focused beam rather than a short pulse. Note: Might clutter up screen in huge fights without the balance mod installed.
- Energy Lances : Focused beam that lasts longer instead of a short pulse.
- Plasma : Reduced the size and particle effects of all plasma weapons. Shoots two bolts per shot (cosmetic only)
- Disruptor : Minor tweaks to colours and effects.
- Autocannons : Increased the visiblity and speed of the bullets. Tried to make it look less like a beam.
- Strike craft : Modified the long trails from strike craft into a shorter, brighter exhaust.
- Matter Disintegrator : Changed to a lightning effect to make it more obvious in battles.
- Missiles and Torpedoes : Reduced the amount of smoke and brightened the exhaust.