A mod to create more depth, flavor, and diversity in terms of armies and ground combat.
Steam Workshop ID: 700894316 By: Armakoir
- 2 new non-restricted archetype armies: Mechanized Assault Group, Airborne Assault Group
- 50 new Ethos restricted divisions and armies
- Players will have access to 7-8 divisions or armies; AI should use 6-7 different armies
- Except Pacifists, each pair of ethos has an associated division. After an empire’s first planetary invasion (defensive or offensive), the player will choose the Ethical focus of their ground forces.
- Fanatic ethos unlock (via technology) improved Armies based solely on that ethos.
- Vanilla armies re-envisioned (WIP).
- Planetary Warfare rebalanced.
- “Planetary Fortifications” is now “Command & Control”
- C&C damage reduction between ~30% and ~9%
More involved planetary invasions (WIP). Instead of more health and more armies, I will be implementing ethos-driven occupation strategies using events. An event based method creates more depth without having to rely on the AI.
- Two New Archetype Armies: Mechanized Assault Group, Airborne Assault Group
- Division: 50% boost to archetype army stats; 25% reduction to health and morale
- Fanatic Armies: 75% boost to archetype army stats
- Fanatic Elite Armies: 150% boost to archetype army stats
ETHOS DESIGN INSPIRATIONS:
- Militarist – Somewhat generic militarist. Bonus stats vary.
- Materialist – More mechanized divisions (ie Mech Warrior). High damage output.
- Spiritualist – A religious interpretation of Spiritualist (blame years of W40k). High morale.
- Individualist – More airborne and mech divisions (ie special forces). High morale damage (if bugs are ever fixed).
- Collectivist – More infantry divisions (ie Red Army). High health.
- Xenophobe – Varied division composition, purge and death squads. Good damage, good morale.
- Xenophile – Varied division composition, somewhat ones with nature (ie monstrous cavalry). Good damage, good health.
[Total: 1 Average: 3/5]