Your citizens have finally gotten off their asses and started to pull themselves up with their own bootstraps and setup their own trade routes.
The philosophy behind this mod is to make the galaxy feel a little more alive and active with ships moving between systems by themselves doing their own thing. Using the amazing Aurora as an inspiration for how civilian trade should work you will find that it is a decided hands off affair. Traders will spawn every so often and route their own paths and start hopping from colony to colony.
Steam Workshop ID: 693402022 | Credit: kyojin
- Traders spawn and fly about by themselves doing their own thing. Now including paying their taxes!
- Policies and edicts to influence the style and number of traders
- Technologies to increase trader limit
- A war goal and ability to kill traders during wars.
- 1 new event
- More events dealing with trade activities and strategic resources
- Moving trade sanctions to an insult/humiliate type thing (Not sure if possible)
- More unique trader ships with unique bonuses
- More techs
Thank you guys for waiting and for all the suggestions I’ve gotten. Keep them coming and let me know of any problems or anything else you find.
Taxes! Your traders are now paying their taxes! Over time you will see energy credit and mineral tax coming in from your trader subjects. This will increase with the number of trader ships they have.
Trade focus edicts are gone and replaced with a free instant “Change Trade Focus” edict that will allow you to choose a non-expiring focus for each planet. When the window pops up just click on the resource you want the planet to focus on.
There is a yearly check to see if a Trader country is a subject to anyone and if not it’s destroyed. This should help clear up and wandering traders from countries that were destroyed and/or vassalized. I might in the future find a way to add vassalized countries traders to the overlords traders but that will have to wait till other changes get through.